Recognizing Signs of Poor Mental Health
Poor mental health can affect your management and cope with daily activities. This can range from low or medium impact to very significant changes. It can be related to the stress of a particular situation or series of events.
Common signs and symptoms include:
- Drop in functioning
- Problems in concentration, logical thought, and speech
- Loss of desire to participate
- Increased sensitivities
- A decline in Personal Care
- Mood swings
- Changes in sleep and appetite
- Unusual and odd behavior
- Suspicious and nervous
- Feeling disconnected from surroundings and self
Anyone can exhibit any of these behaviors and they do not necessarily indicate mental health. Sometimes there is a physical explanation. For example, you can’t sleep because of a loud new neighbor or you don’t have enough money to buy personal care products.